What are cookies?
Cookies are IT data, mainly text files, which are stored in the endpoint device of the Service User and are used for using Service websites. Cookies usually contain the name of the website they come from, the time they will be stored in the endpoint device and their unique number.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies are used to collect information connected with the User's use of the Service. Cookies enable:
- maintaining the session of the Service User (after signing in), so that the User does not have to enter his or her login and password on each Service website;
- adapting the contents of the Service websites to the User's preferences and to optimizing the use of websites; in particular, cookies make it possible to recognize the device of the Service User and display the website accordingly, adapted to his or her individual needs;
- creating statistics, which help us understand how the Service Users use the websites, which makes it possible for us to improve their structure and contents.
What types of cookies are used?
There are two basic types of cookies used in the Service: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files, which are stored at the User's endpoint device until signing out, leaving the website or closing the software (the Internet browser).
Persistent cookies are stored at the User's endpoint device for the period set in the parameters of the cookies or until they are removed by the User. The Service uses the following types of cookies:
- required cookies, which enable services available in the Service e.g. authentication cookies used for services that require authentication within the Service;
- tracking cookies, which enable collecting information about the manner, in which the Service websites are used;
- settings cookies, which enable saving the settings and personalisation of the User interface selected by the User.
How can I change the conditions of storing or accessing cookies?
In many cases, the software used to browse websites (an Internet browser) allows to store cookies at the User's endpoint device by default. Service Users can change cookies settings at any time. These settings of the Internet browser can be changed in such a way, so that the automatic handling of cookies is blocked or that the Service User is informed about each case a cookie is saved on the User's device. Detailed information about the options and ways of handling cookies is available in the software settings (Internet browser).